11.16.2012

Nine hundred thirty (09:30)

Reading military time has always been a struggle for me. I had always needed to count from 12 over. I would also not know whether to say "oh nine thirty" or "nine hundred thirty hours". At around 9:30 am, while waiting for the optometrist to open, I had asked Tony the grand question: "What do you want to do before you die?" Like the funny kid that he is, he said some things I'm not going to mention. He then asked me, and I showed him my blog. He saw #53. Know military time, and I explained how I knew how to tell it, but that it just took me a while. I also explained how I didn't know how to say it. He then shared his little secret that he discovered by himself. He said that whatever time was over 12:00, to subtract 2 and erase the tenth. For example: 16:00 - 02:00 = 14:00. 14:00 - the tenth = 04:00. Therefore 16:00 = 04:00 pm. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment